Do you want to play better golf, the Foresight Way?
It's a proven fact that how well we play significantly affects how much fun we have. Foresight Golf wants our customers to have the most fun possible and has made the commitment to helping our customers improve their enjoyment of the game. We have come to realize that the only way to improve is to have the right balance of quality instruction and productive practice. Being able to enjoy affordable instruction from qualified teachers is a huge part of the improvement process. We have developed a revolutionary Golf Instruction & Lessons Program, Play Better Golf - The Foresight Golf Way, that will enable you to begin, learn and grow in the game and still afford to play golf, too! Our commitment to the sport isn't just about our courses, it's about helping you have the most fun and the best golf experience possible. We believe that this will ultimately be good for you, good for us and good for the game of golf!
Director of Better Golf Houston - Tirrel Baymon
With more than 21 years of experience in the golf industry, Tirrel Baymon is a throw-back to the golf professionals of previous generations. As a player and competitor, he received a full Athletic Scholarship to Florida A&M University and won Rookie of the Year honors as he contributed to the team winning their conference championship. Tirrel represented the United States Golf Team in the Taiwan Amateur Championship in 2007. He currently holds the course record of 62 at Las Colinas Golf Club in Mesa, Arizona; and holds a tournament scoring record of 10 under par for 36 holes which was set in the Midwest District Championship Tournament played in Cincinnati, Ohio.
From an instructional standpoint, Tirrel was fortunate to be one of 5 junior golfers to participate in a private clinic conducted by Tiger Woods; and has worked alongside golf pros such as Stewart Cink, KJ Choi, Billy Mayfair, Andrew Magee and Kelly Gibson instructing junior golfers in clinics benefiting various charities and organizations. He has worked one-on-one with members of the Texas Southern University golf team and with the Trafton Middle School golf team. His most recent Houston golf based experiences have allowed Tirrel to better asses his students from junior to adults. Most recently, Tirrel was lead instructor and coordinator at the Houston Golf F/M law Park First Tee program. With the wide range of students and skill levels, Tirrel believes that simple instruction is easy to convey and learn, but a strategy and plan of action tailored to each student is what allows the golfer to succeed.
How Do You Participate?
Join Cypresswood Golf Club's Men's Golf Association or Women's Golf Association! These associations have been developed to encourage you to work on your game, meet new golfers, receive affordable golf lessons, and enjoy the camaraderie of friendly competition all adding up to enjoying golf more! The association memberships include:
- USGA Handicap Service - you have to have a handicap to play in most tournaments and getting a handicap is one of the best ways to track your improvement!
- $20 Individual 30-minute lessons - providing you affordable instruction from qualified instructors is the driving force behind our Play Better Golf program. One-on-one teaching allows you to focus on what you need to do in order to play better.
- $10/person Group lessons - learning together is fun and can be quite rewarding! You glean the benefits of other golfers questions and input and have fun doing it!
- Designated Weekly and Evening Association Group Play Dates with Hospitality and Prizes - a chance to take what you've learned to the course and enjoy a some friendly competition as a team. Add a nice food & beverage special after play along with prizes and you've got yourself a fun evening enjoying golf!
- 10% off Non-Sale Golf Shop Merchandise or Special Order Merchandise - once you start playing better you'll probably want to dress the part! Look good and swing away!!
- Free Junior Clinics for Kids on Saturday Afternoons - all sports are easier to learn when you're young, and starting your little golfer with the right grip, stance and swing is the best foundation they can have. And, it gives you time to work on your swing while they're learning theirs!
- Free Green Fee When You Refer A New Member - have a friend that keeps threatening to learn to play? Now's the chance to help them start on the right foot and get a little benefit yourself!
The Annual Association Fee is only $49.99
That's about the price of one lesson from your "usual" golf instructor. Once you've signed-up you'll then be presented a MGA or WGA Membership Card and are well on your way to playing better golf! Fill out the form on the right to get started today!